While you summer focus may be on getting the most out of your externship experience, don’t forget to also prepare for the upcoming fall recruiting season. Following is a list of activities you can do to make sure you are ready to put your best foot forward:
- Have your resume reviewed by a member of the Career Services & Professional Development (CSPD) staff.
- Have a cover letter template reviewed by a member of the CSPD staff.
- Make sure your resume has been approved in LINX and is ready to be used/uploaded.
- Review the current participate employer list and research those you might be interested in applying to.
- Consider participating in the Traveling Program (NYC, DC, Dallas, Houston, Southern California and Northern California) the week of August 6th – 10th.
- Consider participating in the Las Vegas Job Fair on Sept 8.
- Be sure to review the list of employers coming on campus this fall. Check the interview dates and plan your schedule accordingly.
- Be sure to review the list of employers that have requested we collect applications.
- While you are at your summer location, network, network, network. Get to know as many people as possible.
The Career Services & Professional Development Office is ready to help answer any questions you may have (801-422-3685).